Position Title: Summer Counselors for Camp Brandeis
FLSA Classification: full-time, seasonal
Reports To: Director of Summer Camp
Position Purpose: Supervising and Ensuring the Well-Being of Elementary Level Campers
About Camp Brandeis
Camp Brandeis is an exciting new day camp offering 6 weeks of daily lessons in arts, STEM, and outdoor play for kids entering grades K-5th. Our mission is to provide fun enriching activities that help kids extend their learning while building a supportive and inclusive camp community.
We achieve this by offering a high-quality summer curriculum that inspires creativity and curiosity, employing esteemed instructors and counselors, and providing an enjoyable and engaging camp experience.
For our upcoming summer 2023 camp, Camp Brandeis is hiring Camp Counselors! If you enjoy working with children, are a team player, and are ready to help kids expand their imaginations, learn valuable skills, and become the next generation of resilient and innovative humans, then we’d love to have you on board.
To apply, send you resume and statement/ or video of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Dates & Hours:
June 12-July 21, 2023, Mon-Friday, + two Sunday Orientations on June 4 & June 11. No camp on June 19 & July 4.
Working hours: 8:00-4:00pm; optional availability for extended care until 6:00pm
Camp Counselors: $17-$19/hr
Camp Counselor Duties:
- Genuine desire and interest in working with children and/or education; maintain the general well-being of campers.
- Maintain an excellent work ethic and work collaboratively with the Camp Brandeis team; assist camp teachers with classroom lessons and classroom management.
- Exhibit exceptional enthusiasm each day; engage and lead campers in small group activities.
- Contribute to and participate in daily camp activities, including check-in and check-out, opening/closing ceremonies, and snack & lunch supervision and programming; Assist with daily setup and cleanup of camp
Camp Counselor Requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to lift products between 5-30lbs
- CPR/First Aid certified OR willing to become certified by the start of camp, training will be provided.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by start of camp to ensure staff and campers are as safe and healthy as possible and to comply with enhanced health and safety protocols
- Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
- You will be required to clear a background check via online/live scan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Brandeis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, and we invest in training and resources for our teams to support our commitment to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that our job descriptions are only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties