Position Title: Middle School Math Teacher
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt position
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach math to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students
The Brandeis School of San Francisco seeks a joyfully collaborative, kind, and knowledgeable math teacher for our middle school. Our school seeks to inspire students to lead lives of learning and purpose. We provide a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community, each deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We are seeking an outstanding middle school math teacher for our students. This position is for the 2024-2025 school year beginning in mid August 2024
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally-appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
● Following, developing, and enhancing existing math curriculum, which includes engaging students in multiple modes of class activities such as in-depth investigation of a particular topic.
● Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, and clear expectations for community behavior.
● Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects, and solve problems.
● Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters.
● Working as an advisor in the middle school advisory program.
● Staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay).
● Supporting and following the school policies and procedures.
● Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
● B.A. degree
● Teaching credential (preferable)
● Middle school math teaching experience
● Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students.
● Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
● Regularly use close and distance vision.
● Work at a desk and computer screen.
● Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
● Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. The full-time annual salary range for this position is $71,632-$100,000. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org
. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at: Applied.
. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the school directly.
Citizenship, residency, or work Visa in the United States is required.